Boston, MA · Job # 7997BK
We are not looking for ninjas or rock stars.
Our client is in the DOCUMENT BUSINESS.
You will work closely with the data / NLP / service engineers and product team to deliver models and ship data products to the company’s users.
Machine learning at our client blends unique elements of predictive power, model introspection, and guidance that present interesting challenges in building models from large swaths of text data. You will investigate new ways of guiding users through the landscape of model predictions and invent new features that distil complex model outputs into digest-able advice.
Some of the technologies you will have a chance to work with include Python, Docker, Spark, Presto, Flask, scikit-learn, Airflow, and of course much more.
- You have deployed models into a production environment
- You understand how to evaluate a machine learning problem from inception and iteration all the way to completion
- You thrive in an environment that believes that prototypes speak louder than specs
- You take pride in the things you build
- You demonstrate a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Bonus if you have:
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Spark or other distributed compute platforms
- A background in user experience and/or model interpretability