Boston, MA · Job # 8473RK
Collaborate with company founders of this profitable start-up to create SaaS products to streamline IT infrastructure management. Company has a track record of delighting global enterprises in Tech, Consumer Products, Banking, Healthcare, Manufacturing and more.
• Lead New Product Vision as part of the Executive team and “Get Down into the Weeds” to implement development of products.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to create the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance or other technical needs
• Evaluate customers’ existing systems as well as competitor’s alternative systems
• Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development teams.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, create new opportunities, and deepen customer relationships.
• Manage customer expectations effectively while maintaining respect and a positive relationship with the customer.
• Research, design and manage product roadmap initiatives, including functionality, third party integrations and customer issues
• Analyze market trends and competitor activity to develop an intimate knowledge of the customer base while contributing to product development artifacts
• Track and maintain performance metrics for new product launches.
• Work with Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools.
The Experience You Bring:
• Experience as a product manager for an IT infrastructure SaaS offering for monitoring, security, streamlining processes etc….
• Demonstrated success as a Hands-on leader within a small company or start-up at some point in your career
• General knowledge of major IT data center operations, applications, work flows, architectures and trends.
• Demonstrated sound technical and business knowledge and judgment.
Strong analytical and product management skills, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Understanding of data models and data relationships.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and work well with both customers and software development resources
• Ability to interact with customer executives, senior management, managers, architects, developers, quality assurance engineers, subject matter experts, and other software team members.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Experience facilitating meetings and leading presentations.
• Good understanding of essential components of software architecture and design
• Solid understanding of all aspects of the software application development lifecycle and release process
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience