Lexington, MA · Job # 7789LK
We are working with young software company that continues to build its organization as it expands internationally. You can feel the energy of this company from the minute you walk through the door and talk to people on the Engineering team. They are smart, dedicated, and passionate about their work. It is clearly evident why this company has been so successful to date.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing end to end quality of products, driving SDLC processes and improvement, directing Release Management activity and product deployment for continuous delivery model. Reporting to SVP of Engineering, this role is a key leadership position connecting product lifecycle from design, development, test and deployment with a highly orchestrated system and process.
- Lead and manage the globally distributed QA, Release, Project Management and Documentation teams, ensuring successful product and project delivery in a predictable and high-quality manner.
- Define and implement world-class quality engineering processes spanning the whole software development cycle. Establish, improve, measure and report on dashboard, KPI’s, quality methodology and processes for all products.
- Build and nurture a highly motivated quality engineering organization. Continuously elevate the skill set of team members and help them to succeed.
- Drive adoption of standardized tools, processes, best practices to achieve high degree of automation in QA and release deployment
- Work with other key stakeholders to craft and execute departmental strategy and plan aligned with business goals
- Engineering degree and 10 years of relevant experience with strong track record in implementing Continuous Integration, Test Automation and Build-Release engineering
- Currently in a leadership role managing teams, with responsibility for quality and release engineering, preferably in a SaaS company
- Ability to effectively communicate with and lead teams in multiple locations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to understand and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences ranging from C-level stakeholders to individual staffs
- Strong experience with agile and RUP software development processes and understand techniques and tools to drive successful projects and deliverables.
- Metrics driven hands-on management style.
- Familiar with QA tools like Jira, SoapUI, and Jenkins, deployment tools like Salt or Chef/Puppet.