Boston, MA · Job # 8815LK
We are working with a growing young software company that has produced a groundbreaking technology that is used in connection with Internet of Things (IoT). The tech is intelligent and needed by customers in several industries. The price point and return on investment of this technology makes it a “need to have” by global customers. The company is based in Boston, MA with sleek office space, but a work from home situation is also an option.
The Vice President of Product Management is a brand-new role. The company has had some product management, but the Executive team realizes that it is now time to bring in an experienced head of product to build out the product management discipline. This is a great role for someone who is more of a modern leader – someone who can be both strategic but also roll up sleeves and get things done. Someone who is knowledgeable about solid product management practices and principles but has a start-up mindset to know when to deviate to get things done
This is a key role as the company continues to experience awesome growth. The role is highly visible and reports into the CEO. As Vice President of Product Management, you will take the lead in evaluating the current product offerings and determine what new products should be on the horizon. You will also be a leading voice in the overall strategy and direction for the company as an entity.
- Ten plus of experience in product leadership: Leadership roles in building enterprise solutions, in particular, Internet of Things (IoT) products. PM, Engineering, Program Management, Experience design are all relevant. You have led multiple life cycles of customer-facing and internal products/services/offerings.
- Five plus years in roles responsible for team growth: You will be a manager, hands-on contributor and coach for a multi-disciplinary team including product managers, designers, and technologists.
- Local and global presence: You will also interact with our customers and partners across the globe. Some travel is necessary.
- You have an understanding for technology but are more of a businessperson and product management guru.
- Growth mindset: In a growing company, responsibilities grow faster than resources can be deployed. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, while striving for clarity and purpose. You are always ready to jump into actions.
- Be intentional: You will be rigorous in articulating, sharing, and helping others understand customer needs and the way we solve customer problems.
Apply For this Position