Cambridge, MA · Job # 7734BK
The Vice President of Engineering (YOU) is a key leadership role in the technical organization providing management, guidance, and direction to over 100 engineers distributed globally. You will have director level managers or senior managers reporting directly. You must operate in an agile development environment working closely with Product Management, Architecture, and the Quality organizations.
You will be expected to interact with peers in other organizations such as sales, services, and support. You must be comfortable with tight deadlines and be able to manage multiple priorities at the same time. You should have a strong technical background to be able to take resource and timing decisions based on technical input from Architecture and development managers and leads. You must be strong with people management techniques and grow junior managers in the organization.
- Manage Engineering teams to produce high quality deliverables on time
- Interact regularly with Product Management, Architecture, and Quality organizations to plan releases
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders through open and effective communication.
- Effectively communicate complex technology subject matter and usage possibilities to the executive team, enterprise architecture and engineering teams.
- Ensure the development teams adhere to processes through effective use of the request, incident, change and problem management tools and established program and project delivery processes.
- Proactively manage teams to ensure that all technologies and solutions adhere to enterprise architecture, security, availability, and performance standards.
- Staff management for talent development, career development, hiring, terminations and other personnel administration actions.
- Budget management, planning, forecasting, including headcount.
- 15+ years of development experience
- Led teams of 100+ in an Agile environment
- Led teams that have worked on C/C++ or have run huge distributed Web Applications
- Comfortable managing and holding teams accountable to a high-performance / high-velocity release schedule
- Experience and knowledge in network programming, high performance databases, systems programming.