Boston, MA · Job # 8344LK
We are working with a well-funded start-up in downtown Boston in filling a Vice President of Channel Sales role. This is a new role and a strategic hire. The selected candidate will work closely with the SVP of Sales and the CEO. The company is building new technology used by FORTUNE 500 companies and already has a marquis list of referenceable customers. The company is in a great new office space near major public transportation stops.
In this role, the Vice President of Channel Sales will generate new business through building a reseller and referral partner network. The Vice President of Channel Sales will be a hands-on leader of a team responsible for executing on all aspects of the business relationship with each partner including recruiting, qualifying, onboarding, training, pipeline reporting, win/loss reporting. In this role, you will:
- On-board, manage, and grow existing partnerships
- Strategize and implement programs/events/campaigns to create interest and awareness among Partners’ customers
- Design and promote effective SPIFs and other incentive programs to generate interest and growth
- Work closely with the company’s direct Sales team to promote scale and maximum territory coverage.
- Develop a technical enablement strategy that supports the channel sales strategy globally
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, global markets, existing and target channel partner accounts, & competitive landscape
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each strategic partner’s business and what drives their success.
- BA/BS degree
- 10-15 years of proven success in Channel Sales
- Experience in managing dynamic teams of Channel Sales professionals
- Experience working with management consulting firms, business process outsourcers, IT sourcing companies, marketing service providers, creative & digital agencies, analytics & business intelligence consultancies, and customer experience consultancies
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales quota targets
- Proven ability to communicate with partners at all levels within an organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Desire to own all parts of a partner lifecycle, starting with profiling/recruitment
- Demonstrates thorough preparation for all partner meetings & activities
- Proven success with sales ability and demonstrated knowledge of sales process