Boston, Metro West or Worcester County, MA · Job # 9016LK
We are assisting a prominent law firm fill a key role of Technology Strategy and Process Leader. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Information Technology to continuously develop the most modern processes the law firm can utilize to deliver excelled client service. The selected candidate can work out of the firm’s offices in Boston, Metro West, or in the Worcester County area.
This is a senior individual contributor role. The selected candidate should have strong technical knowledge but does not need to be a “hands-on techie.” It is more important for the selected candidate to be very organized, process oriented, and have a strong affinity for continuously studying new technology that can be implemented across the law firm.
- Collaborate with the Business Operations Team and Practice Area Leaders and others to assess current strategies and develop new ones to enhance the delivery of client service and introduce innovative efficiency tools and resources
- Work closely with the Business Operations Team and Practice Area Leaders and others to drive process improvement utilizing the Firm's existing technology, identify software packages/platforms to meet these needs, and evaluate alternative outsourcing options.
- Build relationships and foster collaborative approach to work with internal clients across practice groups and departments.
- Drive and guide the rollout and implementation of process improvements at both the practice area and firm-wide level, including developing timelines and training plans.
- Help to develop and implement project management tools that will aid attorneys and staff in the management of client matters.
- Stay up to date with developments in both commercial and custom-built desktop and cloud-based applications used by the firm while keeping abreast of trends in law firms and the legal industry.
- Train, coach, and mentor attorneys and staff on the firm’s suite of technology solutions, process improvement, and project management.
- Organize and conduct user surveys, analyze, and report on the data.
- Establish metrics for measuring and reporting success and performance of process improvement measures.
- Maintain expertise on change management and user adoption as they apply to law firms.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings, maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the industry, and makes recommendations on future practices and software needs to senior staff.
- Collaborate with the Business Operations Team and Practice Area Leaders and others to develop a Knowledge Management system.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years plus work experience in a technology management role with a strong focus on process improvements
- Proficiency with using and administering Microsoft 365, Legal Applications, Document Automation Tools, Workflow Technologies, and Document Management Systems
- Experience in project management and/or professional service operations and in managing organizational change efforts. Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to influence others and move them toward a common vision.
- Understanding of professional services organizational issues and challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitudes.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly, good problem-solving abilities, and the ability to research course development and delivery concepts.
- Experience with staff development and collaboration with human resources management, contract negotiation and vendor management.