Peabody, MA · Job # 8014BK
You are a Lean-Agile leader who will have the technical responsibility for the overall architectural and engineering design of the system. You along with the Solution Architect will interface with business stakeholders, cross functional teams, customers and suppliers to participate in the definition of the higher-level functional and nonfunctional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. You will serve as the primary architectural coach for each team on an Agile Release Train (ART), ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the product/solution architecture and underlying platform architecture. You will also serve as a technical subject-matter expert, providing technical enablement with respect to subsystems and capability areas. You understand the complexities of large-scale solution development and apply Lean and Agile practices to design systems that positively impact customer or partner satisfaction, quality, time to market and overall business objectives.
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution
- Work directly with agile teams to implement solutions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent
- Establish critical nonfunctional requirements at the solution level
- Participate in quarterly high-intensity company-wide planning exercises
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders about features under development
- Plan and develop architecture in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Passion for Lean: Appreciates the depths of Lean practices and principles and role models Lean and Agile behaviors.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Collaboration; Strong team player who breaks down silos and works effectively with teams and stakeholders to establish and accomplish business objectives.
- Negotiating and Consensus Building: Manages, negotiates and coordinates with technology, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, development teams, and enterprise architects to build strategy and processes that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Business Analysis: Evaluates many competing factors to form correct judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to articulate both technical and business ideas clearly and simply from team level to board level to large external audience.
- Technical Acumen: Exhibits keen interest in technology innovation. Experienced architect of large scale, complex, transformational solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience of building complex server side solutions in Java
- 8+ years of experience with SOA/REST/Microservices concepts
- 8+ years of experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying enterprise patterns to solving business problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
Great to have:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud based technologies
- 2+ years of experience building complex Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with model driven architecture
- In depth technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments