Portsmouth, NH · Job # 7957BK
Technologies for this position include .NET and Java, as well as relational and NoSQL databases, and a number of mobile apps on both iOS and Android. The team is geographically dispersed, with groups of teams in multiple locations around the US. Travel for team meetings may be required up to 4-6 times a year.
You are a Lean-Agile leader who has the technical responsibility for the overall architectural and engineering design of the system. You along with the Solution Architect interface with business stakeholders, cross functional teams, customers and suppliers to participate in the definition of the higher-level functional and nonfunctional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. You will serve as the primary architectural coach for each team on an Agile Release Train ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the product/solution architecture and underlying platform architecture. You will also serve as a technical subject-matter expert, providing technical enablement with respect to subsystems and capability areas. You understand the complexities of large-scale solution development and apply Lean and Agile practices to design systems that positively impact customer or partner satisfaction, quality, time to market and overall business objectives.
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent; help establish solution intent information models
- Establish critical nonfunctional requirements at the solution level; participate in the definition of others
- Operate within the economic framework of the business or technical solution to validate economic impact of design decisions
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, particularly the Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler Epics
- Participate in PI Planning and pre- and post-PI planning, system and solution demos, and inspect and adapt events
- Participate in quarterly high-intensity company-wide planning exercises
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders about features under development
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of the value stream and program enablers to evolve solution intent; work directly with agile teams to implement, explore, or support them
- Plan and develop architecture in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Work with Product Management and Solution Management to determine capacity allocation for upcoming work
- Support technology/engineering aspects of program and value stream Kanban
- Supervise and foster built-in quality
- Passion for Lean: Appreciate the depths of Lean practices and principles and role models Lean and Agile behaviors.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Collaboration: Strong team player who breaks down silos and works effectively with teams and stakeholders to establish and accomplish business objectives.
- Negotiating and Consensus Building: Manage, negotiate, and coordinate with technology, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, development teams, and enterprise architects to build strategy and processes that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Requirements Analysis: Gather, organize and evaluate any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Business Analysis: Evaluate many competing factors to form correct judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to articulate both technical and business ideas clearly and simply from team level to board level to large external audience.
- Technical Acumen: Exhibit keen interest in technology innovation. Experienced architect of large scale, complex, transformational solutions.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in specification, design, development, maintenance enterprise-scale mission critical distributed systems with demanding non-functional requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience with SOA concepts, including data services and canonical models
- 8+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 8+ years of experience of building complex server side solution in Java and/or C#
- 8+ years of experience in software development lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience building complex solutions utilizing integration frameworks and ESB
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying enterprise patterns to solving business problems
- Leadership experience
- Strong abilities troubleshooting and tuning distributed environments processing high volume of transactions
- Familiarity with model driven architecture
- Familiarity with BPM technologies
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Linux, Windows, NFS, Netapp, Rest/SOAP, ETL, XML technologies
- In depth technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments
- Familiarity with NLP and search technologies, AWS cloud based technologies, Content Management systems, publishing domain, EA frameworks such as TOGAF and Zachman
- 2+ years of experience building complex Big Data solutions