"Joining the right team can keep your career on course"
Cambridge, MA · Job # 8319BK
Our client is searching for a software engineer who really enjoys and loves working with huge about of DATA.
- You are a Data Engineer with few years of experience with data ingestion using Python.
- Your role is to make sure the data is clean, accurate and validated.
- You are an independent thinker, leader, and problem solver.
What Your Opportunity Will Be Like:
- You will be responsible for the data you are getting and make it load into the system smoothly and efficiently.
- You will code in Python and support your quality with unit-tests and integration-tests.
- You will negotiate with customers about their data in cases where the data is missing or distorted.
- You will be at the frontline of onboarding a new customer or of a customer demo. Be ready to fight for getting the job done quickly and customer onboard or demo ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of development experience
- 3+ years writing Python code for data ingestion or data processing at large scale
- Experience with Pandas is an advantage
- Experience with multithreading/multiprocessing in Python
- Experience with unit-testing methods using Python
- Experience with data formats: CSV, JSON, XML and how to validate and parse them
- Familiarity with ETL and data mapping concepts
- Experience with Docker. Using Python in a Docker – is an advantage
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with AWS, such as S3 is an advantage
- Familiarity of dev environments in Linux and Linux scripting
- Knowledge of common practices GIT, JIRA, or similar
- Understanding of engineering best practices
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Must have some experience writing in Java