Boston, MA · Job # 8379BAK
Our client, who combines the entrepreneurial mentality of a start up with the advantages of five years of success in the federal space, is searching for Software Engineers who are interested in working on complex cloud-based DevOps solutions and have extensive experience with Java and Python. With your expertise you will be providing DevOps, agile software development, information operations, testing and incident response, applied research and rapid prototyping, machine learning, and mission support and engineering services to the Intelligence Community, National Security, and Fortune 500 Customers.
US Citizenship is required. Ideal if you have a SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Perform paired programming with members of engineering team (contractor and government).
- Refactor legacy applications into a 12-factor application SW architecture.
- Decompose legacy applications into a micro service architecture.
- Support the delivery of the application from an unclassified development environment to a classified staging and production environment on SIPR and other future domains.
- Support troubleshooting with other teams (i.e. staging and production environment hosts) throughout all stages of the continuous delivery process.
- Perform technical assessments of existing legacy SW, Commercial off-the shelf (COTS) SW and/or Government off-the Shelf (GOTS) SW and recommend a technical direction of the Product Team.
- Perform legacy application refactoring, modifying legacy application to become cloud native.
- Perform legacy application re-platforming, lifting and shifting legacy application into a PaaS.
- Build products from Discovery and Framework through iterative production and delivery.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field + 5 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and web application development.
- Over 3 years of demonstrated experience with one or more of the following programming languages for developing APIs and RESTful services: Java, Python, C#, .NET.
- 2 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Demonstrated with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices.
- Comfortable in a startup environment.
- Experience with web-server configuration and RESTful microservice development (UNIX OS; Windows Server; Nodejs).
- Experience with database integration (SQL, noSQL databases, database normalization, indexing technologies).
- Proven experience writing and building applications using a 12-factor application SW architecture, micro services, and API.
- Experience developing and deploying to AWS and C2S environments.