Needham, MA · Job # 8390LK
We have been retained by our client company to fill a newly created role of Senior Vice President of Software Engineering.
Our client has entered a new frontier in online education. Their solutions are timely, and the company has made a name for itself in the epicenter of online education. Online learning has become an accepted part of our culture, and with that comes a set of challenges that our client company is solving with precision and excellence.
Our client company is building timely and creative technology solutions that are being utilized by leading colleges, universities, and businesses. They are looking for their first Vice President of Software Engineering to help scale and grow a current Engineering organization comprised of some very talented Developers.
This is a great career opportunity for a candidate who wants to join a well-capitalized, growing company as its first Vice President of Engineering. The experienced leadership team have all built successful companies in the past. The role comes with a generous salary plus attractive equity which is still at a very reasonable price.
The Senior Vice President will set the strategy, goals, and objectives for the Engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with the CTO as well as the CEO to evaluate the technical aspects of existing products as well as work on new offerings. You must have the heart of “start-up person” with the head of a professional who is experienced at scaling an Engineering organization. You should possess a unique blend of business and technology savvy and be passionate about managing an Agile development process. You must understand the “big-picture” and possess the drive to make that vision a reality. Strong professional experience with Multi-tenant SaaS solutions is essential.
- 10-20 years of experience in software development, engineering and architecture
- Start-up mentality along with established company’s appreciation for effective process
- Experienced in building global Engineering teams
- Modern Leader who loves being more of a mentor/manager/do-er rather than someone who just manages head count
- Evidence of being a solid technology expert willing to roll up your sleeves when needed
- Expert in software development lifecycle and process improvement
- Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies
- A highly analytical approach, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to oversee multiple software projects or initiatives, concurrently
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Razor focused on execution-bringing quality products to market on time