Remote, Cambridge, MA · Job # 8922RK
Solve challenging problems while enjoying collaboration with other brilliant minds! Develop high performance modern C++ code that increases the functionality, efficiency, performance, scalability of database offering to revolutionize how government, healthcare and other national and global industries access and evaluate data that is typically siloed.
Generous Compensation plus equity, Excellent work/life balance- Vacation Days are unlimited, BCBS Healthcare benefits.
Happy to assist with H1B Visa.
Your Experience/Technical Expertise:
- 4+ years of experience developing software using C++.
- 4+ years of experience developing software in a multi-threaded system-level product, such as a parallel/distributed database server. Candidates must be proficient with atomic instructions and the basic synchronization primitives: mutexes, semaphores, and condition variables.
- Strong grasp of OS internals, particularly memory management.
- Proficient at developing software on Linux.
- Experience working independently, proactively defining project goals and milestones.
- Excellent communication skills; this includes writing functional and design specs as well as defending and communicating ideas and proposals to others.
- Strong desire to learn new & emerging technologies.
Additional Technical Skills that will bring a smile to our client’s face:
- SQL, SPARQL, Cypher or other graph database languages
- Compiler design and C++ code generation
- Graph Databases, Graph Algorithms, Machine Learning
- Interprocess communication and the TCP/IP networking stack
- Efficient access of data stored on disks, SSDs, cloud storage, and HDFS
- Database Internals