100% Remote, Boston, MA · Job # 9013RK
Make a significant impact as you collaborate with Product Management on the product vision and strategy for next frontier healthcare solutions.
Exciting opportunity to join an innovative company experiencing exponential growth as they build out product and healthcare-tech platform for patients and healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to build out company’s platform and product for use by patients and healthcare professionals.
- Build scalable, well-tested applications and microservices.
- Partner closely with other disciplines, including biomedical engineering, data science, electronics engineering and product science.
- Operate across the stack but will have significant back-end or data engineering experience.
- Lead technical designs and contribute to code reviews with an eye toward improving quality
- You will be responsible for a product engineering team delivering key objectives that enable the product to scale, directly improving healthcare provision across the world.
- Responsible for the impact of your team's work across the company, including longer term architectural viability of solutions.
Experience/Skills of Interest:
- Strong knowledge of at least one modern programming language
- Experience writing tests and testable code
- Flexibility and ability to learn on the job quickly
- Enjoy solving problems and making a difference
- Experience delivering across managed cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in writing tech designs and solving issues across the entire stack
- Experience in leading technical teams through design and the implementation of a feature
- An eye for detail, and ability to look at the big picture
- Use the most appropriate technology for the job. Rely heavily on not reinventing technology and particularly on leveraging an AWS backbone and the managed services it can offer.
- Using a diverse platform ranging from Embedded C on firmware through Java and Python based microservices as well as Typescript / Angular, iOS and Android platforms for our applications.
- Existing data stores range from Postgres RDS instances, through to DynamoDB KV depending on the domain. Services are decoupled and largely event driven using Kinesis, SQS/SNS where appropriate.
- Our teams take care with the reproducibility of our cloud-based environments and lean on Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform to maintain an ever-growing stack.