"Joining the right team can keep your career on course"
Woburn, MA · Job # 8028BK
You will be part of a team building an open source database for building global, scalable cloud services that survive any disaster.
- Play a strategic role, leading the development of our client’s database product by designing and building distributed infrastructure software.
- Take ownership of projects end to end, leading a broad scope and ambiguity, mentoring other engineers, leading by example, and collaborating with a team.
- Collaborate with key partners as well as engineers both in-house and in their open source community to coordinate seamless integrations of new features and functionality.
- Be “the go-to expert”, influencing fellow engineers, product management, and other team members to help define the technical roadmap for the product in response to customer requirements and the market.
- Expertise in developing large-scale, complex systems such as web infrastructure, distributed storage or databases.
- Experience in owning large sections or the entire end to end operation of the software development processes with an emphasis on execution, product quality, solid frameworks and code reviews.
- Expert knowledge of concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- Strong analytical, debugging and coding skills in C/C++, Go, Java, Python or similar language.
- Define and lead development processes and methodologies with an emphasis on execution, product quality, solid frameworks and code reviews to further improve the quality of large code bases.
- Demonstrated track record of communicating technical dependencies and concerns/issues of implementations.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
- Assume ownership of a problem from definition to resolution.
- Typically this role requires a consistent track record with over 8 to 10+ years leading and innovating complex software-based systems.