North of Boston, MA · Job # 8554RK
Our client has consistently grown and prospered through each downturn in the economy and continues to hire through this difficult time.
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer with C# and Java experience to continue development of new products for a global audience.
- Contribute your highly valued expertise in system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium products
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Work with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories to be accomplished in an iteration.
- Offer technical leadership in some cases for product features, helping ensure that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle achieving scalable, automated solutions for our customer base.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in areas of specific expertise.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables. Authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Model and Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team.
- Work alongside other software engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- Exemplify the principles behind the Agile and SAFe framework in all interactions.
Skills/Experience you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Technical related degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of .NET development (C#) and Java
- 5+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.