Remote within the EST USA time zone, MA · Job # 8989BK
Our client is a leader in the movement to transition more healthcare into the home. They are both a hardware and software company who partners with healthcare organizations to operationalize care at home.
This is what you will be doing:
As a senior software engineer:
- You will work in one of our software engineering teams, building out our platform and product for use by patients and healthcare professionals.
- You will build scalable, well-tested applications and micro -services.
- You will collaborate closely with other disciplines, including biomedical engineering, data science, electronics engineering and product science.
- You will operate across the stack but will have significant back-end or data engineering experience.
- You will lead technical designs and contribute to code reviews with an eye toward improving quality
- You will help provide 24/7 support for the product, resolving live issues when needed
- You will be responsible for a product engineering team delivering key objectives that enable the product to scale, directly improving healthcare provision across the world.
- You will work closely with Product Management and ensure the team is accountable for the outcomes delivered. You will have a firm grasp on why the team is building functionality, for whom and the value it will deliver. You will also contribute to that product vision and strategy and likely have a strong natural motivation to do so.
- You will be responsible of the impact of your team's work on other areas of the org, including longer term architectural viability of solutions, as well as opportunities for wider cooperation.
- You have significant previous experience in delivering software
- You have strong knowledge of at least one modern programming language
- You have experience writing tests and testable code
- You have experience in leading and delivering cross-team projects
- You are flexible and can learn on the job quickly
- You enjoy solving problems and making a difference
- You have experience delivering across managed cloud platforms such as AWS
- You have experience in writing tech designs and solving issues across the entire stack
- You have experience in leading technical teams through design and the implementation of a feature
- You can pragmatically balance quality with a fast-paced schedule
- You are a good team player, ready to help, debate, compromise and work together
- You are comfortable working, prototyping and delivering incrementally, adapting based on customer needs and technical difficulties, always with the user in mind
- You have an eye for detail, and you always look at the big picture
- You have significant experience reviewing, releasing, deploying and troubleshooting your and other people's code
- Experience in the healthcare industry or have worked with Ionic hybrid apps
- Exposure of working with highly scalable and distributed systems
Infrastructure & Configuration: Terraform, Puppet, Serverless Framework / CDK
Languages: Java, Python, TypeScript, Go
Runtimes: Docker/Nomad on AWS EC2, AWS ECS (Fargate), AWS Lambda
Datastores: RDS PostgreSQL, Couchbase, DynamoDB, Elasticache (Redis), S3
Messaging: RabbitMQ, SNS/SQS, Kinesis
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position