Cambridge, MA · Job # 8315BK
Newly formed entity within an established global publically-held company. The culture and feel of a start-up with the SECURITY of an established highly successful organization. This start-up company has Fortune 500 clients.
What you will be doing:
- You will be a backend software development expert on company’s core product while partnering with other engineers, product managers, and UX designers on product development strategy
- You will use your expertise in Java, Scala, Maven, and Spring framework to build and maintain scalable backend architectures for company’s core software products and future products
- You will participate in Agile/Scrum development sessions
- You will partner with various technical team members on building and maintaining various big data analytics products using NoSQL, Kafka, and distributed architecture technologies
- 7-10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Proven back end software engineering expertise within a lean, startup-like environment using Java, Scala, Maven, and Spring framework
- Strong experience in NoSQL, Kafka, and distributed architectures and caching techniques highly desirable
- Experience building and implementing SOA (microservices, event-base systems) and loosely coupled architectures
- Experience working on products dealing with large data sets
- Able to understand and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Development experience within rapid Agile/Scrum environments and the ability to quickly iterate upon software projects while partnering with front-end engineers, product managers, UX designers, and stakeholders