Burlington, MA · Job # 8194BK
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can partner with their data scientists to build cutting edge data analysis products for the television advertising and entertainment industry.
The company is a data science consulting firm.
Employees have varied academic backgrounds - from PhD’s to BA’s, from Ivy League schools to State schools. Many of them have professional roots in tech and marketing, and their collective previous experience spans music, entrepreneurship, market research, venture capital, investment banking and management consulting.
Clients are market leaders from a wide range of industries, including media & entertainment, technology, professional services, non-profit, financial services, and automotive among other categories.
- Helping to build a next gen big data analytics platform in the cloud
- Building web applications, APIs, and web-based user experiences for data analysis and visualization
- Architecting and implementing solutions that can rapidly scale in volume, velocity, and flexibility
- Crafting robust and accurate data analyses, database queries, and data processing pipelines
- Contributing to multiple products and to our overall technology architecture and strategy
You Will Have:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development and a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- High proficiency with Python and with SQL and relational databases
- Hands-on experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Impala or Spark
- Experience with cloud implementation, preferably AWS
- Strong, client-ready communication skills
- A proven ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time