Newton area, MA · Job # 8494RK
A rapidly expanding and entrepreneurial healthcare data venture seeking a results-driven Sr. Application Support Engineer.
Make a Vital Impact!! This is a highly visible position with direct daily contact with external customers, internal Professional Services, Tech Sales and Devops teams.
- Responsible for providing support to customers and internal Services and Technical Sales staff.
- Provide critical interface with customers by answering user questions and resolving first and second-level technical issues or triaging more complex issues through proper escalation channels.
- Provide support via phone, e-mail, and our customer management platform and must ensure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers through effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards.
- Play a vital part in the building out of professional services offerings such as proactive monitoring and customized data extraction routines.
- Assist in managing implementation, upgrades and environment support for hosted customers
- Create accurate and complete documentation on all customer interactions and problem diagnostics
- Educate customers as necessary to enable them to support themselves or resolve their issues
- Work closely with DevOps to steer solution upgrade and maintenance towards automation where appropriate
- Serve as a technical lead in the execution of the organization’s proactive monitoring strategy
The Skills/Experience You Bring:
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
- Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong knowledge of Linux server operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat) and Windows Server 2012-2019
- Experience troubleshooting web applications
- Familiarity with programming concepts
- Familiar with enterprise database software (SQL, MongoDB)
- A self-starter who can work independently, prioritize and trouble-shoot new issues
- Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor while balancing multiple priorities
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in using remote support methods
- Experience programming in any language a plus
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with relevant tech support experience