Cambridge, MA · Job # 8076BK
Our client company is searching for a highly skilled Optoelectronics Packaging Engineer with particularly strong expertise in thermal and stress analysis. The Packaging Engineer will develop module packaging and assembly processes, in close collaboration with the photonics design team, the PCB/module team, and contract manufacturer (CM).
The ideal candidate for this role is self-directed and independent, driven to solve problems, and inclined to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Perform thermal and stress analyses of subassembly and module designs.
- Collaborate with our CM on the development of packaging and assembly processes.
- Design and experiment for packaging reliability, and perform Failure Mode Engineering Analysis (FMEA).
- Oversee the development and qualification of packaging materials.
- Collaborate with the photonics design team to optimize performance, reliability and manufacturability, within constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree + 10 years’ industry experience; MS + 5 years; or PhD + 3 years.
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in thermal and stress simulation coupled with a deep understanding of thermal and stress issues and solutions.
- At least 5 years’ experience with optical systems.
- Proven track record of package and process design and development, from design to production.
- Strong FEA skills; experience with tools such as Abaqus or ANSYS.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with integrated optics.
- Experience with high-speed electronics package design and/or laser package design.
- Experience with design for manufacturing, 2.5D/3D packaging, and TSVs.