Cambridge, MA · Job # 8320BK
Early-stage software company in the BIG DATA arena is searching a lead software quality engineer.
You will collaborate with a cross-functional group from development, product, marketing and sales to help deliver the best platform possible.
You will create and execute test strategies against company’s software and cloud-based frameworks using automated and manual tests. You will run security, performance and functionality tests against cloud-based web services and applications and establish testing goals and identify critical scenarios based on design requirements and customer usage.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Help implement continuous Integration and delivery methodologies
- Troubleshoot issues discovered on test environments and by customers and identify potential root causes and reproducible steps.
- Design and develop test frameworks and testing tools for UI and backend testing
- Provide feedback on user experience and assist in ensuring the best possible experience for our customers.
- Participate in the design reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Work with development team to understand new product features and collaborate in the design and development of test cases
- Assist in hiring and mentoring and provide technical guidance to other Quality Engineers
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies, automated testing tools, etc.
- 6+ years Quality Assurance and/or Software Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with automated tools
- Experience working on products dealing with large data sets
- Experience working with backend DBs like MySql
- Experience in a UNIX/Linux backend environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.