Cambridge, MA · Job # 8177LK
We are working with a growing company tech company that is profitable and expanding rapidly. The company has proven leadership, several areas of its business that are all profitable, and is getting into some new markets that are interesting and lucrative. This company has a high bar for hiring and their retention rate is excellent!
In this role, you will work hard and play hard! This is a 40-45 hour a week type of job. Work more if you want to, but the company feels that as long as you get the work done, you can manage your own work hours. And, yes, they like to have fun! Enough onsite perks for everyone’s taste!
- Work on new and existing projects such as data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure, and distributed search systems.
- Define platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates and mentor other engineers
- Have a large impact in delivering a high-quality development environment with great quality code and product
- BSCS required; MSCS nice to have
- 7-10 years plus of engineering experience
- Java required; Working knowledge of at least a few of the following: CSS, React, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins/Maven, Selenium
- Experience with distributed, high performance systems
- Experience with distributed messaging systems, modern search engines and various data storage and retrieval techniques