Lexington, MA · Job # 8395BAK
Working with DATABASE and CLOUD TECHNOLOGY
You will help to design and engineer their container-native orchestration to ensure that the work is in containerized and cloud environments such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Docker.
Knowledge of Java and experience with distributed systems concepts, such as high-availability and consensus algorithms (e.g. Raft, Paxos), is required.
Hands-on experience with modern container and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker is also a strong plus.
- Love to solve interesting and complex problems, and can articulate the reasoning behind decisions
- Are comfortable asking for help, taking advice, and accepting criticism
- Are interested in developing new skills and knowledge, and sharing that knowledge with others
- Think problems all the way through
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others
- Do not believe that something works until an automated test says it does
- Feel ownership over their designs and implementation, and set an example for quality delivery
- Architect, design and develop systems software for on-prem and cloud environments, primarily in Java and Python
- Maintain a solid foundation of software engineering skill, while keeping up-to-date on new technologies and techniques in large-scale systems software and distributed systems
- Work effectively on complex distributed systems issues
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 5+ years of experience with Java (backend systems)
- 3+ years of experience working on distributed and high-availability systems
- Experience with modern DevOps deployments (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Go, Python
- Experience with cloud deployments (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes) in AWS, GCE, Azure
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with systems security