Boston/REMOTE, MA · Job # 8770BK
Our client is a young company spun from a large fin-tech organization. The team are accomplished engineers who have years of experience/ are collaborative/ communicative/ and fun to work with.
Additionally, you will have the finest engineering mentors in New England.
WHAT you will be doing:
- You will be working on building flexible, scalable, robust, and forward-thinking front-end solutions.
- You’ll collaborate with scrum team members and be responsible for driving front end development.
- You will be a leader that guides the team on implementation strategies to drive innovation and an enhanced user experience
- You will be workingdirectly with the product team, UX designers, and other engineers
- You will collaborate with product management
- You will be a senior expert in modern front-end implementation strategies
- You will lead your team in the analysis and decomposition of complex software requirements to understand the size and complexity of features and help build a backlog of simple actionable user stories for planning and execution
- You will perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to completing user stories on time
- You will provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- You will demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement of your team — lead by example, mentor, and help create a positive, high performance culture
- You will exemplify the principles behind Scrum and the Agile Manifesto in all interactions
- 8+ years’ experience of hands-on development
- 5+ years’ experience in front-end development
- Proven experience leading teams with a track record of significant positive impact
- Experience leading transformation to modern front-end frameworks (transformation to React preferred)
- Mastery of CSS, Bootstrap and/or Google Material Design
- Experience in delivery of applications in AWS and the building blocks available within the ecosystem
- Proven experience with automated Test-Driven Development practices
- Experience using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
- Diverse technical background: you’re a developer, not just a front-end developer
- Experience in applying functional and object-oriented programming styles
- Experience working in additional programming languages (Python preferred), with a back end / data focus
- Understand architecture and data modeling and can actively participate in design discussions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or another technical field preferred
You must be a USA citizen and a resident of the USA.Apply For this Position