Cambridge, MA · Job # 8968BK
Senior Embedded Software Programmer
Our client promotes and encourages learning. You will be reimbursed for “learning”. Perhaps, a new software language, a business course, a course on innovation in the medical device domain. They want you to be continuously learning.
Some of the engineering organization resides in Shanghai. Being fluent in Mandarin would be great. Our client is able to help with VISAs.
You will be doing:
- Design, development, verification, and documentation of medical device software.
- Document design inputs, design requirements, design descriptions, verification procedures, verification results and traceability matrices.
- Perform software hazard analysis and cybersecurity hazard analysis with risk controls to mitigate hazards in medical device systems.
- Work with software development team in all phases of the medical device development cycle.
- Work with software development team to develop requirements for automated testing of embedded systems.
We would like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines from a 4-year college or university. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Five or more years of embedded software development experience in medical device software.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle models for medical device software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Expertise in Embedded Software programming using C / C++ on 8-bit and 32-bit MCUs such as 8051, AVR and ARM.
- Good knowledge of network communications protocols and programming.
- Ability to work successfully in small teams or independently to meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of Chinese language (Mandarin) is a plus but not a must.
- Experience with automated testing of embedded systems a plus.
- Knowledge of multithreaded programming in Windows / Linux / embedded RTOS is a plus.
Generous salary and benefits.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position