Remote, Boston, MA · Job # 8797BK
Our client is spinning the software used by its internal consumer consultants into a separate software company.
What they have to offer:
- A lot of work in front of us to make a new spin-off company
- We still need to upgrade and update (.net framework to .net 5 is big)
- We have a great work/life balance culture
- We will be remaining remote
- Lots of areas for individuals to grow into (frontend, backend, mobile, etc.), learn and teach other
Who are you:
You are an experienced Android engineer with extensive hands-on time in Android and Kotlin.
You have built, maintained, deployed and upgraded Android applications for at least 3 to 5 years.
You are interested in staying current in best practices and design patterns, and can help implement ecosystem updates in existing projects. Most importantly, you want to work on a collaborative team where you can make an impact and develop your career without pulling late nights and long weekends.
Updating, maintaining, and adding new functionality to our Android code base, as well as helping with web development, and possibly iOS. You will be sharing your experience with the team, serving as tech-lead for certain project tracks, and providing mentorship to individual engineers. In the day-to-day, your workstream could include the following:
- Owning new feature design and implementations, and engaging in iterative communication (written/verbal) the Product Owners and UX designers
- Troubleshooting/fixing production issues
- Creating documentation for best practices
- Creating and maintaining automated tests
- Mentoring and upskilling junior developers
- Coordinating with Product and IT teams to triage live and backlogged issues to determine what engineering should work on next
Skills and Experience:
- Deep knowledge of the Android api, Kotlin, and Gradle
- General knowledge of Accessibility, Localization, and Internationalization
- Experience in integrating with various 3rd party APIs
- Unit Testing
- Some knowledge of C# and the .Net Framework or similar backend technologies
- Some knowledge of iOS and Swift
- General knowledge of relational databases and 3rd normal form
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.
Apply For this Position