Remote/ West of Boston, MA · Job # 8601BK
We have been selected to search for a very UNIQUE IT professional who has a background in many areas of IT but also has knowledge of SECURITY requirements mandated by the USA government when working with them.
Our client is in the manufacturing business and will now be actively involved with the manufacturing of COVID-19 PPE equipment.
This client is an EMPLOYEE-OWNED company. Cultural fit/ communication/ and collaboration are as important as technical know-how.
You will be reporting into the VICE PRESIDENT of IT who reports into the CEO. There is much career opportunity for the RIGHT person.
You should be comfortable /experienced / have used/ and are certified with the following:
- CCNA or higher
- CISSP, is a plus
- Security+, required
- VCP (VMware) certification is a plus.
- Cisco Switching & Routers
- Aruba Switching & Wireless
- Aruba ClearPass
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- ShoreTel and other VoIP solutions
- Experience implementing cloud solutions, Microsoft Azure experience a plus. Willing to work in AZURE if you have AWS experience
Should have experience and knowledge of:
- In depth Knowledge of TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN technologies, and VOIP
- Configure, install, and maintain LAN and WAN networking equipment. Experience with multi-vendor Core Solutions for routing, switching, wireless, and VOIP including implementing best practice security controls.
- Assist with system configurations and documentation.
- Assist in documenting designs and policies associated with Data Center Operations
- Ensure Web Industries wide scalability and performance through proactive capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning. Analyze and report system performance.
- Compliance with change control processes, adherence to standards and develop required documentation.
- Participate in system and network maintenance activities and contribute to the optimization and performance
- In depth experience with managing Information Security Programs, including IT Security Strategy and Operations, Security Awareness and Training, IT Security Framework, Compliance and Audit Controls Management, Data Privacy and IT Risk Management
- Support the Enterprise recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for the following areas:
- Business Continuity
- High Availability
- Backup, Recovery
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable
- Properly identify challenges and recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to design, plan, implement and support Network and Security solutions
- Perform hardware and software upgrades of installed networking and security equipment
- Demonstrated experience interfacing/interacting with all levels of business stakeholders
- Experience in creating status reports and Executive dashboard updates
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Manages IT staff, promotes teamwork, mentors and provides growth/stretch opportunities for staff
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong technical background and in-depth knowledge of delivering complex solutions using industry best practices and methods.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated 8+ years of networking and systems implementations in a distributed environment.
- 3+ years of VMware Vsphere experience
- Experience operating in a Microsoft Windows 10 environment integrated with cloud technologies from Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- 4+ years of proven leadership responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.Apply For this Position