Boston, MA · Job # 8552BK
You will use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovations and work closely with subject matter experts (practicing clinicians themselves) to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their medical content to find the best answers within their “time-to-answer” requirements.
You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of conceptual data points into subjective answers to help clinicians make informed decisions. You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact. Join us as we use Search for good at the clinical point of care.
- Provide expertise in architecting search systems, standing up search platforms, building data ingest pipelines, writing custom code, interfacing with data sources, and managing the platform
- Be the technical leader for supporting the assessment, design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable search platforms that use the latest and best in search technologies
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with Elasticsearch, ELK, Lucene, or Solr
- 3+ years writing in Java or related object-oriented programming languages
- 3+ years performing object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Hands-on experience with containerized services (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
- Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
- An advocate for unit testing, automation, and test-driven development.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position