Cambridge, MA · Job # 8371BK
Bleeding Edge R&D Lab…loves PhD candidates.
A degree in mechanical engineering or related field (graduate degree preferred).
• Lead concept and detailed design of robotic mechanisms, particularly end effectors, and manipulators integrated with mobility platforms
• Manage team of mechatronics engineers who will perform detailed analysis, design, assembly, and test
• Manage part fabrication and assembly process
• Manage unit testing of mechanisms, and support system testing
• Manage support of mechanisms after manufacturing, including tracking of problems, and participating in their resolution
Would Be Great If You Had:
• Extensive experience with CAD systems (Solidworks, for example)
• Extensive experience designing and building mechatronic devices, ideally robots
• Familiarity with parts manufacturing processes
• Experience leading mechanical engineering teams
• Experience with assembly and extensive testing of mechatronic systems