Burlington Area , MA · Job # 8119RK
Exceptional opportunity to grow your career with a Global Healthcare leader. Collaborate with design/development innovators developing the next-frontier of life-saving products!
- Be creative and apply solid mechanical engineering design skills while following design controls to develop new medical devices.
- Develop concepts and build prototypes for marketing, user feedback, technical feasibility of device functionality, design for manufacturing and design for assembly.
- Contribute as the R&D team member to complete various project activities – development of design inputs from user needs, generate concepts, evaluate feasibility, generate FMEAs, assist with risk analysis, and perform design verification and validation, assist in design transfer and setting up manufacturing processes.
- Create and implement the product test plans/protocols and generate test reports to ensure product design meets the specifications and quality system requirements.
- Make, recommend or justify critical technical decisions based on scientific investigation and testing in product design and ensure their implementation in development.
- Work closely with cross-functional team, including design reviews with manufacturing engineers, test engineers, electrical engineers to ensure the design meets the product requirements, including safety, reliability and manufacturability. Be creative in finding cost effective and innovative solutions in the product development process.
- Work closely with supply chain, contract manufacturers, vendors and suppliers to ensure quality goals are met.
The Skills/Experience You Offer:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Aerospace engineering or similar with 2+ years of industry design and development experience.
- Demonstrated capability for designing and developing a medical device or similar within a highly-regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop models, engineering drawings and familiarity with GD&T using CAD software.
- Demonstrated strength in building strong relationships at all levels of the organization, cross functionally, and with key people external to the organization.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.