Cambridge, MA · Job # 8263BK
This entrepreneurial team strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. They set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
You will work closely with program management, subsystem technical leads, and other engineers to manage and coordinate engineering activities.
You will be responsible for project management activities for certain segments of the SOFTWARE development effort to support the development of the Surgical Robotics Platform.
- Coordinate, develop and track schedules, plans, tasks, and priorities.
- Establish strong relationships with engineering team members and be able to estimate, plan, and execute SW development tasks.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk points.
- Make tradeoffs between time, schedule, cost, and quality (when appropriate), while meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Support engineering teams to follow effective process.
- Promote communication between multiple platform teams and disciplines.
- With technical leads, develop and manage the SW development process and necessary SW development tools.
- Assist with design, selection and implementation of tools and processes.
- Track the financials of the project with such things as forecasting, accruals, and actuals
- Develop a broad understanding of the company’s Surgical Robotics and Instrumentation Businesses, products, and clinical applications and leverage the knowledge of others
- Coordinate, track, proof and finalize project documents as needed with limited supervision
- Coaching and influencing project teams to achieve maximum performance and efficiency in the project.
- You must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with 3 years of engineering experience in software development inclusive of 2 years of Project Management experience in software development
- Experience with highly regulated and/or safety-critical systems is required (medical device experience strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of software engineering management, both tools and process (project tracking/scheduling; document management; SW unit/verification testing; issue/bug tracking; configuration management; integration/release testing; etc.)
- Solid understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, requirements documentation, rigorous verification, SW FMEA, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft suite of tools (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to influence all customers (both internal and external) on issues that impact the business and its technical service and product strategies
Great If You Have:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience managing projects in the medical device industry Ideation, development, and release of large electro-mechanical capital products with embedded software
- Experience as a SW development engineer with growing knowledge/experience in project management
- Familiarity with common software development tools/platforms/languages (JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, GIT, QNX, C++)
- Experience in SW development areas such as GUI development, Controls development, or SW verification testing
- Demonstrated experience in accomplishing objectives.
- Able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with 21CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485, and ISO 62304