Boston, MA · Job # 8671LK
We are working with a growing software company in the Cambridge, MA area. The company recently received its second round of VC funding and is growing rapidly. They are building a product that when you see the demo, you will be “WOWED.” The company’s engineering team is skilled and brilliant. The leadership team have all had prior success building and harvesting companies and will do it again at this company. Now is the perfect time to join as this company prepares to really take off!
This is an individual contributor role as part of a nimble Marketing team. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for working on a new key product. Your work and your words will have a direct impact on how customers, prospects, press, analysts, potential employees and the market at large view the company. You will have a direct impact on the long-term success of the company!
In this role, you will craft the core messaging and positioning for our product by working closely with Engineering, Product Management, customers, industry analysts, Sales and Marketing to understand what we the company is building, how it works, and most importantly why it matters to customers. You will research and gain insight into market and competitive dynamics and be able to articulate the company’s unique position in the market. Armed with this information, you will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Management to help define the overall go to market strategy.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and is based in Cambridge, MA, with some travel expected.
- Buyer intelligence: understand who potential customers are, the key buyer personas, their business and technical challenges, and buying criteria.
- Market intelligence: Research, understand, and articulate the company’s competitive positioning compared to competitors.
- Positioning: Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company in the market.
- Sales Enablement: Develop and deliver sales tools and training to support the selling process.
- Product launch: Plan and execute the launch of new versions of the product.
- Content development: Create core product collateral, presentations, and related sales and marketing materials.
Required skills & experience:
- 5-7 years of enterprise software product marketing experience.
- Experience working for SaaS based product companies
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff, customers, and partners.
- Startup experience – and the ability to operate in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, marketing or business domain.
Apply For this Position