"Joining the right team can keep your career on course"
Cambridge area , MA · Job # 7888RK
Make a Difference, as member of a Global team, developing cutting-edge technological innovations that directly save lives!
- Lead hands-on development and guidance of an exceptional team of early-career developers.
- Develop system software and closely collaborate with other senior technical team members.
- Design and implement system software subsystems.
- Define and maintain the software supporting the next-generation medical device platforms, requiring a sophisticated codebase that will interface with hardware platforms, other software systems, and human users.
- Document the software and gain consensus on the design within the software team.
- Ensure that software designs conform to the documented architecture.
- Design modular software that is flexible and appropriate to a growing, multi-year program. Anticipate the software needs of future products and extensions.
- Be responsible for design and implementation of system software, from concept phase through design transfer / product launch.
- Train and mentor junior software engineers.
Senior/Hands-on Development Expertise Required:
- 7+ years of software Engineering, design and development experience, from concept to production.
- Expert knowledge in software analysis/architecture, technical requirements, design and development.
- C++ development experience for a robotic, medical device or embedded software product.
- Expert-level knowledge of embedded, multi-platform, and distributed software systems.
- Experience integrating software with multiple provenance and different features, characteristics, and deployment platforms.
- Experience with high-end microprocessors running full-featured RT and non-RT operating systems
- Expert knowledge of distributed/networked systems.
- Hands-on experience developing real-time software
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more operating systems (multiple is a plus) and operating system features in general
- Expert knowledge of software applications and utility frameworks
- Experienced with build, deployment, and configuration management systems.
- BS. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required, Graduate level strongly regarded.