Boston, MA · Job # 8157LK
We are working with an exciting Boston tech start-up a bit different from the rest. The seasoned leadership team, the strong financials, and most importantly - the extremely innovative and needed product offering - make this start-up stand out.
Our client company is looking for an experienced event marketer to lead a team of innovative Event Marketing professionals. The Senior Manager will be responsible for driving awareness and pipeline through carefully planned and executed events to continue to help build our client company’s brand. Reporting into senior leadership, this position will lead a small team, and will require significant cross-functional collaboration with demand generation, content marketing, customer marketing, marketing operations and sales.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of the event marketing team
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a global event strategy
- Create and manage the event budget
- Develop evaluation criteria and determine, in collaboration with key stakeholders, which events to sponsor or produce, including tradeshows, industry events, partner events, roadshows, and workshops.
- With support of the event team, manage event logistics to ensure successful execution
- Create and adhere to a set of processes and procedures for event support and results
- Set goals and objectives for each event with regard to lead generation, pipeline nurturing, and brand awareness
- Communicate event goals and objectives with leadership
- Develop and execute an event training program that communicates event objectives and prepares event staff with training on process and logistics, messaging and key talking points, product demos, and more.
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of experience in event marketing and strategy at a B2B software company to a high-performing team and company with aggressive growth goals.
- Experience managing and coaching an event team.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels, including peers, leadership, customers, partners, and vendors.