Boston, MA · Job # 8938LK
We are working with a growing young tech company in Boston, MA that is building technology desperately needed to ensure the safety of their employees and their assets. The company’s technology is being used by global manufacturers; plus, there is growing use in the healthcare industry.
Our client company has opened a new role for a Linux Admin. The technology team is small and growing, and it is a good time to come into the role if you enjoy building something new. In this role, you will design and implement deployment scripts to automate creation, monitoring and management of scalable in-cloud and on-prem services and pipelines. The focus will include security, repeatability and scalability. If you are truly interested in learning new cloud technologies, platforms, tools and methodologies, and in figuring out how to apply them in real-world problems, then this could be the ideal role for you.
- BA/BS degree (preferred but not required)
- 5+ years in Software Engineering or Linux Admin or DevOps positions
- Proficient in Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu) operation and maintenance
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of MySQL, ngix, redis and etc.
- Experience with script development such as shell or python
- Familiarity (preferred) with ansible, Zabix, Nagios and other operation tools
- Experience with Docker, git and SSH
Not Required But Great If You Have:
- Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, AWS CLI, K8s
- AWS IoT services, real-time applications
- Ansible, shell scripting, Linux administration
- Understanding of various networking topics (TCP layers, routing, DNS, etc.)
- Experience securing deployments in cloud and on-prem