Boston, MA · Job # 8421BK
Our client company seeks an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about innovation and web technologies. They support the technology requirements of multiple private aviation companies.
An IDEAL person will hold a PILOT’s License.
You want to work for an innovative company that has the agility of a startup and years of experience as a leader within the private aviation industry.
You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for developing new features and optimizing existing features in their suite of operations applications.
- You will develop code that is efficient, smart and impactful. Your work will be highly visible.
- Make decisions on best UI practices for optimal online experiences.
- Learn about the private jet / fractional jet industry and develop creative new features to enhance the capabilities of our operations and owner services teams.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Experience w/ C#, MVC, .Net 4.0+, Entity Framework 6.0+
- Experience with JS UI components (preferably JQ Widgets)
- Two+ years of experience with JQuery, Angular, and other JS libraries.
- Two+ years of experience with ASP.NET/C# in a corporate environment
- Two+ years of experience building data driven applications using service oriented architecture.
- Must have a love for visual design and UX
- Up and current with trending development tools and workflows including TFS and Git.
- Experienced web developer with the ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand business concepts and their impacts on development efforts, and the ability to communicate technical issues and engage in productive, thoughtful discussions about the implementation
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, with exceptional relationship management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that promote and foster a team culture.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team, and manage their time across multiple tasks.
- A do-what-it-takes approach that thrives in a fluid and ever-changing environment