Cambridge, MA · Job # 8425BK
Our client company is looking for a Junior Java engineer to join their engineering team. You will work in containerized and cloud environments such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Docker.
Knowledge of Java and experience with distributed systems concepts, such as high-availability and consensus algorithms (e.g. Raft, Paxos), would be great.
- Love technology and want to work with the finest minds in the DATABASE world
- Love to solve interesting and complex problems, and can articulate the reasoning behind decisions
- Are comfortable asking for help, taking advice, and accepting criticism
- Are interested in developing new skills and knowledge, and sharing that knowledge with other
- Think problems all the way through
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others
- Do not believe that something works until an automated test says it does
- You will design and develop systems software for cloud environments, primarily in Java and Python
- You will continue to grow a solid foundation of software engineering skill, while keeping up-to-date on new technologies and techniques in large-scale systems software and distributed systems
- Work on complex distributed systems issues
- 0-2years of experience with Java (backend systems)
- 0-2years of experience working on distributed and high-availability systems
- Experience with modern DevOps deployments (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Go, Python
- Experience with cloud deployments (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes) in AWS, GCE, Azure
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with systems security