Newton, MA · Job # 8201BK
A unique opportunity to work for one of Massachusetts’ fastest growing private companies in the EDUCATION domain.
You will work closely with the Director of Engineering to build and enhance their web, and ultimately, mobile applications with a target of setting the industry standard. You are a Full Stack Senior Developer with a passion for APIs, modern UI/UX, solving complex technical challenges, and working with remote teams. You will have experience building highly scalable and performant applications.
The Senior Developer Will:
- Design and build advanced Cloud, SaaS, VoIP and mobile applications employing the Agile methodology.
- Build, test, and deploy innovative customer-facing products encompassing a highly intuitive user experience
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software on a regular basic
- Deliver projects and products, on time, under an aggressive and demanding schedule
- Ensure quality of the products by conducting design and coding reviews of assignments distributed across multiple developers.
- Evaluate new technologies and third party products to include in the company’s products and improve the systems engineering capabilities
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- Greater than 7 years software engineering experience primarily building scalable web applications in a variety of cloud implementations; mobile development experience is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the transmission and transcoding of video and audio streams and Server side media processing, experience with Web VoIP Frameworks such as WebRTC is highly desirable.
- Experience with modern browser APIs including plug-in and browser extension development
- Detailed understanding of Networking, such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSocket
- Knowledge of JS Libraries (Angular, React, Node), development tools (VS.NET, Xcode, IDEA)
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical/architectural guidance to junior team members
- Track record of delivering projects on schedule and at budget
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced results oriented environment