Cambridge, MA · Job # 7918RK
Our client company offers a variety of opportunities to create the career path of your choice as a Senior Hands-on individual contributor or Team manager. Multiple full stack development opportunities resulting from internal promotions and ongoing team expansion!
The Profile Needed:
Seeking Full-Stack Developers with experience and interest in developing internal tools/servers for internal engineers to use to develop the latest and greatest health-tech products.
Experience working with LAMP Stack (Linux or Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Develop tools for internal Engineering teams developing the next generation of health-tech offerings.
- Ability to critique technical documentation as needed
- Proactively identify and propose new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve results.
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Participate in team member interview process as needed; influences final hiring decisions.
- Scale systems to meet business demand
- Perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards.
- Act as the subject matter expert for area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
Expertise You Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience developing tools for internal Engineering teams- A Must!
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Experience with object oriented programing, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech (Hadoop, spark), RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks
- Experience with iOS and Android environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent