Lowell, MA · Job # 8960LK
We are working with an established software company based in Massachusetts that is highly profitable and continues to expand globally. The company is hiring an Executive Writer to collaborate with the company’s leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have strong executive presence and confidence, and a natural ability to craft compelling stories and thought leadership articles about the business, industry topics and company culture. Experience in a high growth tech company and a desire to work collaboratively with C-Suite leaders, their teams, agency partners, business partners, and vendors are important. This position will be a key role on the corporate marketing team. The role will be the executives’ dedicated writer for externally facing thought leadership content, make day-to-day recommendations across their respective social channels, craft abstracts for speaking opportunities, and more.
- Write communications for the company’s leadership team
- Build strong relationships with executives to understand their point of view and be able to reflect their voice in thought leadership pieces and other externally facing content.
- Drive integration across comms disciplines (PR, thought leadership, social, and analyst relations)
- Partner with agency and thought leadership editors to develop and execute smart content plan across sponsored channels, owned channels, and social channels
- B. A. in communications, journalism, or marketing
- Strong writing portfolio
- 7 years of communications experience and at least 5 years working with C-level executives, designing thought leadership and/or communications strategies within a global organization
- Experience in large-scale software companies preferred.
- Ability to think quickly and pivot, when necessary, to create and execute plans with a preference for a collaborative work style.
- Agile mindset that is comfortable with deadlines, demanding environment, and a matrixed organizational structure.
- Demonstrated executive communications and content creation experience with and for C-suite.
- Curious and creative with a strategic approach to empowered problem-solving; collaborative, transparent and empathetic approach to teamwork.