Boston (Open to Remote), MA · Job # 8757LK
We are working with a global SaaS company as it begins to grow its presence in Massachusetts. The company is very profitable and has an accomplished leadership team. The company is looking to make a strategically important hire to lead Product Management.
This is a great opportunity for seasoned Product Manager ready to become a Director or a professional who is already a Director of Product Management who wants to build a new function and team. No one has been in this role before – make your own mark as you continue to build your career in product management!
The professional selected for this role could live in the Boston area or be remote but willing to come into the Boston office at certain times of the year. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong SaaS product management background and wants to help build out the product management function. There is a separate product marketing function.
- Ensure customer feedback and insights are at the core of product roadmap strategy, including running beta and pilot programs, analyzing product personas and through direct customer interaction.
- Write and validate requirements for upcoming problem areas that are prioritized in the roadmap. Speak to customers, design experiments, perform research on the best approach to solving the problem.
- Work with Product designers to generate ideas, iterate on prototypes, and test with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Support and engage directly with sales leadership and marketing teams on go-to-market plan, product messaging and positioning, customer communications, and other sales enablement areas.
- Understand, leverage and drive market and competitive knowledge insights.
- Identify potential technology partnerships and complementary solutions that might benefit the product and lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners.
- BA/BS Degree plus MBA
- 7-10 years of product management experience working closely with engineering
- Strong understanding of SaaS
- Start-up entrepreneurial mind-set
- High respect for and understanding of UI/UX
- Data driven but able to see the big picture.
- Strategic but still likes to be a “roll-up-your-sleeves” professional who gets things done
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills