Lexington, MA · Job # 8001LK
We are working with a very successful and expanding software company focused on Data Management Technology.
This is a senior individual contributor role reporting into a Vice President. There is only one Director role on the product team. You will be responsible for a key product line and will work alongside a product team to define and execute on product strategy. You must possess a unique blend of business and technology savvy, understand the “big-picture” vision, and possess the drive to make that vision a reality as changes are rolled out internationally. This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces with other areas of the organization.
- Manage the entire product/solution life cycle from strategic planning to development to release and go to market of product, solution and other required elements for successful product driving a cross-functional, cross-organization and geographically distributed team
- Act as an evangelist with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, applications usage gaining a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements
- Prioritize product direction by maintaining a detailed product roadmap supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Participate in wide go-to-market plans, working and guiding partner(s) and product and corporate marketing
- Develop and champion product positioning, develop sales strategy, validate market messaging, and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, messaging documents, presentations and product demonstrations
- BSCS or BSEE degree
- 7-10 years in product management, consulting, product specialist or technical marketing roles
- Experience in driving the success of both mature, stable products as well as new and innovative product concepts
- Strong knowledge of data management technologies including databases, data warehouses, and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Map Reduce, SPARC, Hive, SQOOP etc.)
- Experience with related data management products and technologies is a plus – Data Quality, Information LifeCycle, Data Governance, Analytics, Master Data Management
- Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies is a plus – Data Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, BPM, Web and Application Servers, User Interface.
- Experience with SAP is a plus (SAP, Hana, BW)