Boston, MA · Job # 8848BK
Our client is seeking a Director of Engineering Program Management. You will manage the cross-functional development and commercialization of new medical device products. Product programs may include hardware, software and/or consumables. The Program Manager also manages sustaining engineering efforts to support the organization’s strategic imperatives.
- Grow and manage a team of up to 5 project managers to manage new product development and sustaining projects in the engineering team’s workflow.
- Define and document Program scope, constraints and assumptions in detailed integrated program/project plans including schedule, resource needs and budget.
- Effectively lead technical project teams in a collaborative environment, completing program deliverables per target timelines, scope and budget.
- Facilitate progress with the right mix of Agile methods and Waterfall deliverables.
- Work closely with our pharmaceutical partners.
- Ensure effective stakeholder management and communication within and across teams and projects; schedule and facilitate cross-functional meetings, and ensure appropriate progress tools and reports effectively provide transparency on team’s or Projects progress/productivity.
- Proactively implement and manage changes to the integrated program/project plans to ensure goals are achieved including customer satisfaction, safety, and quality.
- Manage multiple projects at once in parallel with a shared cross-functional team.
- Establish and maintain a coherent perspective of program risk and drive execution against risk mitigation plans as required to achieve program objectives.
- Ensure program execution to appropriate quality standards of practice consistent with our quality roadmap and Quality Management System.
- Hold team members accountable for areas of responsibility to the program team and ensure support and focus on program objectives.
Education, experience and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 15 years in project/program management with demonstrated experience leading successful cross-functional development programs
- At least 5 years managing medical device programs
- Experience with developing least one (1) 510k and/or CE marked class II medical device (or higher)
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience managing multiple programs with shared resources
- Mastery of project management tools for schedule, task and resource management
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to function in a fast-paced, growth industry and work environment
- Experience with fluidic systems preferred
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position