Boston, MA · Job # 8704LK
Maturing start-up with accomplished leadership team in place and an amazing technology offering that will make money as well as serve as a social good. The best of both worlds!
Given continued growth and headcount at this rising start-up, the Engineering team now needs a Director of Engineering to run the day-to-day engineering function. Reporting into the Vice President of Engineering(part of company executive team), this new role is ideal for a Director level candidate who wants to continue to code but also mentor and manage a group of talented engineers.
As Director of Engineering, you will:
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the design, development, testing, and support of the product offerings
- Deliver software products using agile SCRUM methods and foster a metrics based DevSecOps software development culture
- Lead a team of talented engineers at all levels of experience
- Partner with colleagues in Product and Support to deliver roadmaps and schedules
- BS/MS in Computer Science preferred
- Prior success delivering commercial cloud-based products and services
- Hands on experience as a software developer and technical leader is a must.
- Ability to increase team performance with Agile SCRUM and Lean development methods while minimizing technical debt.
- Experience driving secure software development life cycle (SSDLC) with DevSecOps practices and metrics
- Leadership and coaching of high-performance teams in a growth environment.
- Technical knowledge of scalable web application architecture, API development, and cloud-based technologies; AWS and serverless experience a plus.
Apply For this Position