Boston, MA · Job # 8342BK
As a Senior DevOps engineer in an early-stage start-up you will help manage an AWS production environment and engage in projects to add to and improve automation, monitoring, infrastructure design, and security. You will also participate in regular software releases. This is a SENIOR position with a high SIX figure compensation and equity.
You Will Be Doing:
- Design, deploy, and maintain company’s infrastructure in the AWS cloud
- Identify and execute on opportunities for increased and improved automation.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for increased and improved monitoring
- Identify and execute on opportunities for improved security
- Code tools based on business needs
- Contribute to the growing body of DevOps documentation
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Contribute to developing processes that improve DevOps efficiency and reliability
- 4+ years of DevOps, operations, or relevant experience in a production environment.
- 2+ years with automation and configuration management tools. Chef and RunDeck are a plus.
- 2+ experience with monitoring tools and frameworks. Prometheus and ELK elastalert are a plus.
- 2+ years working with cloud technology. AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience setting up security controls. Experience with compliance certification is a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with teams in multiple locations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with teams and team members across multiple technical and business disciplines.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.