Boston, MA · Job # 8560BK
If you love to TRAVEL and LEARN, this is the opportunity for you.
Over the course of your career you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful front-end interactions for our customers, solve large scale data optimization problems, and get your hands on everything in between.
You will be part of a cross-functional, largely autonomous data team, collaborating closely with analysts, data scientists, engineers.
You’ll maintain and evolve the BI platform on SQL Server, optimize the existing Kimball data marts as they grow, build new models or data marts and support the many data analyst teams in further building and accessing processed data. You will additionally be involved in augmenting the mature platform as we transition it to a data lake leveraging all the latest tools available anchoring on AWS resources.
Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the technical know-how to independently build solutions from start to finish. You are for a true expert on data modeling, who is comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies and size and disparate platforms.
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience with data modeling and working in Business Intelligence
- Extensive expertise with Microsoft SQL Server (2016+), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, Replication and Transact-SQL
- Advanced SQL expertise with multi-stage transformations and usage of more sophisticated transformation tools and methods, such as windowing functions and temp tables in Transact-SQL
- Demonstrable experience implementing business logic into models that have been successfully applied for BI
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate business concepts to partner analysts and teams
- Applied experience with relational modeling, star schemas and Kimball Data Warehousing
- A drive to learn the intricacies of the business, with a versatile and dynamic understanding of businesses you’ve worked with in the past
- 1+ years of experience working with Python
Desirable skills include:
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL/Non-relational databases, especially document stores
- Experience defining and implementing a global data catalog for end user reference
- A working knowledge of modeling with Analysis Services, both on-prem and Azure
- Familiarity modeling for BI visualization tools such as Power BI
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position