Full-Remote, Newton, MA · Job # 8759RK
Unique opportunity for close collaboration with remote Data Science team solving problems to make life easier for healthcare workers and to provide best patient outcomes.
You are highly motivated to independently lead projects that will help hospitals make predictions to maximize patient safety and hospital efficiency.
- Design and implement machine learning models to power predictions used by hospitals to make real- time optimal operational decisions.
- Oversee validation of predictive model accuracy and training data quality.
- Oversee predictive models and other data analysis techniques through the development process, from inception through production and to continuous validation.
- Ensure statistical integrity and accuracy within the team, and take accountability for business and team performance.
- Expand the capabilities of the existing healthcare tech platform through identifying opportunities, developing innovative research projects, creating quick prototypes, prioritizing actionable, impactful insights, and inspiring the adoption of advanced data science across the business.
- Effectively manage multiple small and/or medium-sized projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision, potentially including external support.
- Keep informed of relevant trends and developments in Data Science and Healthcare, and improve competence by participating in educational activities.
- Thrive and promote idea exchange within a highly collaborative environment as part of a remote team of data scientists, software engineers, and non-technical staff.
- 3+ years of experience developing statistical and machine learning models and analyzing large, complex datasets, with a proven record of creative R&D that positively impacts the company.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, or commensurate work experience.
- Experience performing the full lifecycle of machine learning model development activities; including data engineering, feature development, validation, implementation/assessment, transitioning to a production environment, and performance maintenance.
- Experience with project leadership
- Experience with Python.
- Proven ability and desire to learn, master, and apply new software, technologies and techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a proven ability to effectively communicate ideas and insights to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Minimal travel required.