Lowell, MA · Job # 7785LK
We are working with a well-funded SaaS product company in the Lowell, MA area that is looking to add a Data Platform Architect to its team.
Our client company is looking to recruit a Data Platform. This role will encompass all aspects of the company’s data platform, from highly scalable transactions, end-user reports and ETL process, to form a permanent data lake. In this highly visible role, the candidate will collaborate with a core team of senior architects and engineers. The Data Platform Architect will implement architectural standards and frameworks across software, quality, and infrastructure teams.
- Lead key data architecture decisions across the development organization
- Lead the design of architectural roadmaps, database, data access and data technology architectures
- Provide expertise on the overall data eco-system’s engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Work with engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence and integration with agile development processes
- 10+ years of experience in software development in n-tier environments
- BSCS or BSEE
- Experience leading a very senior team of principal engineers in developing and implementing industry data solutions
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in the following technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Big Data Hadoop technologies, distributed technologies, ETL tools, data modeling for transactional as well as reporting focuses. Technologies like: Kafka, Kenesis, BI and Datawarehousing a plus
- Experience building data intensive applications in AWS
- Experience in data modeling, profiling and database access pattern optimizations