Boston, MA · Job # 8432BK
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, this position will manage cloud-based initiatives with direct oversight of the projects, operations, and procedures required. Responsibility for availability, security, and performance of cloud-based systems will be the core of this role.
Areas of Technical Responsibility Include:
- Data Center Operations
- ITIL-based Service Delivery
- Service Performance and Security
- Standard report generation and distribution
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Change Management
- Cloud Security
- Managing costs within budget
- Asset management
- Ensure that the core mission of availability, security, and performance drives team activities
- Ensure that Technical Services management is actively informed of hosted/cloud operational activities.
- Develop infrastructure strategy and structure that enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can create business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations
- Support end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and performance management, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement
- Work with other internal hosting groups to develop, disseminate, and maintain best practices in support of operational excellence and standards compliance
- Partner with colleagues within and outside of Managed Services to drive infrastructure operations and cloud initiatives
- Work closely with multi-team technical resources and stakeholders to ensure systems function and that outages are dealt with rapidly and effectively
- Drive continuous improvement and introduction of ‘best practices’ into all areas of process, metrics, and performance
- Proactively establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders and customer communities, business partners, vendors and third party organizations
- 3 years of experience leading Infrastructure or Data Center teams required
- AWS or other public cloud deployment knowledge a plus
- Experience delivering a broad range of IT Operational services such as Enterprise Networking, System Architecture, and Data Center operations
- Must have strong hands on data center and IT infrastructure architecture and design experience
- Strong knowledge of network and access security.
- Must have solid experience with Linux/Unix variants.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and delivery
- Demonstrated project management and delivery experience
- Experience managing key vendor relationships with demonstrated benefits to the business through strong relationship management
- Passion for automation
- Experience managing a senior technical team
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement and quality in IT delivery, support and compliance.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or comparable experience.
- Experience with SOC 2 a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally.Apply For this Position